- Rachel talks about the “Circle Maker” a Christian perspective book by Mark Patterson about how to achieve goals, and how to do so through prayer. What do your goals look like? According to the author, they should be unique to you and reflect your values and principles. Rachel shares what her goals are, how she’s pivoted despite some challenges, and how that has informed how she makes goals in the future (1:24)
- Rachel explains how she has helped her husband grow their real estate business and how she is always expanding her goals and trying something new. It’s important to just simply try even if you think it might fail. Take initiative, do your research, and put on your go get em’ boot (5:25)
- 10 steps you can implement to start achieving your goals according to author Mark Patterson. Step #1 – Start with prayer
- Step #2 – Check your motives, take an honest look and make sure you are doing them for the right reasons (9:59)
- Step #3 – Think in categories, for example, family, influence, physical changes, travel etc (11:52)
- Step #4 – Be specific about your goals! (12:43)
- Step #5 – Write it down! The shortest pencil is longer than the longest memory. There is power in writing it down! (14:25)
- Step #6 – Include others. When you achieve goals with the purpose of doing it with or for the people you love it makes the experience more joyful (18:30)
- Step #7 – Celebrate along the way! Rachel explains how this is one step she overlooks. It’s important to celebrate your wins with the same intensity you pray no matter how big or small! (19:26)
- Step #8 – Dream big! Big goals turn you into big people (20:15)
- Step #9 – Think long. Mark Patterson says most of us overestimate what we can accomplish in two years but we underestimate what we can accomplish in 10 years. (21:28)
- Step #10 – Pray hard. God-ordained goals are conceived in the context of prayer and prayer is what brings them in full circle. Trust in the process! (22:46)
This episode is sponsored by She Made Herself a Home, my book that will help you discover how to create a home that is inviting, beautiful, functional and uniquely personal all while staying on budget. It is a home decor planner that features beautiful photography from more than 40 real homes and contributions from other successful home decor bloggers. I promise it will make home designing an exciting, un-intimidating process. My hope is that these pages spark your passions, guide you to create spaces you love and most importantly give you the confidence to try something new. Anyone, no matter age, status, income level or past can make a home for herself and those she loves. Because no one has to break the bank to bring new life, intention and purpose to a home. You can buy your copy anywhere books are sold or at crateandcottage.com/book.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Get notified when new episodes are out by clicking the subscribe button here.
If you listen and enjoy my episodes, I would love if you left me a review in iTunes as well. This helps more people find the podcast!
Photo by Randy Tarampi on Unsplash