- Rachel talks about children and the children of this generation. We tend to talk about raising children in this generation as really hard and terrible. Rather, we should work towards uplifting our children, setting aside negative thoughts and switch our mindset and reflect on how privileged we are to raise our children in a country like the USA (1:36)
- How can we encourage our children, what can we say to them, and how can we treat them during these times. Suffering is part of life and it has been a pillar of life since the dawn of humanity. Rather than focus our attention on what is going wrong, we should trust in God’s plan and focus on helping our children through tough times through education, kindness, and positive manifestation. Rachel shares why it is so important to watch what we say around our children because it impacts their little minds (4:46)
- Rachel shares advice for how to build your children up, maintain a routine during these unprecedented times and treat them like the gifts that they are (10:53)
- Keep kids in the loop! It’s easier to dismiss their thoughts or concerns. Include them in the dialogue about what is going on but just keep things simple. Remember to be responsible and kind to yourself as a parent! We are navigating hard times and it’s okay to make mistakes but don’t project the doom and dread onto your children (16:53)
- Seek the positive news! Think about your kids for a minute, they absorb and see whatever we say or expose them to. Allow their innocence and hope to flourish (19:51)
This episode is sponsored by She Made Herself a Home, my book that will help you discover how to create a home that is inviting, beautiful, functional and uniquely personal all while staying on budget. It is a home decor planner that features beautiful photography from more than 40 real homes and contributions from other successful home decor bloggers. I promise it will make home designing an exciting, un-intimidating process. My hope is that these pages spark your passions, guide you to create spaces you love and most importantly give you the confidence to try something new. Anyone, no matter age, status, income level or past can make a home for herself and those she loves. Because no one has to break the bank to bring new life, intention and purpose to a home. You can buy your copy anywhere books are sold or at crateandcottage.com/book.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Get notified when new episodes are out by clicking the subscribe button here.
If you listen and enjoy my episodes, I would love if you left me a review in iTunes as well. This helps more people find the podcast!