- Rachel shares how she and her husband got into an argument over the weekend and what transpired afterward (1:48)
- How to approach the role of housework with your spouse – tips from author and marriage expert Willard F. Harley, Jr’s book. One way is to identify all the household responsibilities (5:14)
- Many women have this argument that they don’t get the help that they need in the household, but this can be avoided through proper communication about each other’s roles. Rachel shares how this looks like between her and her husband (9:30)
- Communicating with your spouse about what you need help with is important to consider. Another way to address housework and avoid conflict according to Willard F. Harley Jr is to communicate which tasks you don’t mind doing yourself (11:12)
- When it comes to housework marriage takes you a step further because you do things for each other because you care about each other’s feelings and not because you want them done yourself (13:27)
This episode is sponsored by She Made Herself a Home, my book that will help you discover how to create a home that is inviting, beautiful, functional and uniquely personal all while staying on budget. It is a home decor planner that features beautiful photography from more than 40 real homes and contributions from other successful home decor bloggers. I promise it will make home designing an exciting, un-intimidating process. My hope is that these pages spark your passions, guide you to create spaces you love and most importantly give you the confidence to try something new. Anyone, no matter age, status, income level or past can make a home for herself and those she loves. Because no one has to break the bank to bring new life, intention and purpose to a home. You can buy your copy anywhere books are sold or at crateandcottage.com/book.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Get notified when new episodes are out by clicking the subscribe button here.
If you listen and enjoy my episodes, I would love if you left me a review in iTunes as well. This helps more people find the podcast!
Photo by Christin Hume on Unsplash