- Why are we having toxic thoughts? Knowledge is power, so what is triggering these thoughts and how can we address and acknowledge them (4:07)
- Tip #1 – Acknowledging what triggers the toxicity can also help determine if the fear or toxic thought is real or fabricated. Once that is established you can then let go (6:40)
- Tip #2 – One way to address toxic thoughts is to do a “Tangible Act.” Rachel explains how writing a letter directed to some of her anxieties and thoughts helped her release some of that toxicity (8:49)
- Tip #3 – Focus on new and better influences. Surround yourself with positive people and allow that energy to transfer over (12:03)
- Tip #4 – Distance yourself from toxic and negative energy. You can also situate yourself in nature and allow the outdoor to provide peace (12:31)
- Tip #5 – Connect with others and forge meaningful connections. This allows you to prevent yourself from ruminating in toxic thoughts and allowing your loneliness to make you feel sad (14:07)
- Tip #6 – Choose thankfulness. Rewire your brain and mindset to focus on more positive aspects of life and expressing gratitude (15:42)
- Tip #7 – Center yourself in Christ. In instances of despair and sadness, remind yourself what would Jesus do? (17:06)
This episode is sponsored by She Made Herself a Home, my book that will help you discover how to create a home that is inviting, beautiful, functional and uniquely personal all while staying on budget. It is a home decor planner that features beautiful photography from more than 40 real homes and contributions from other successful home decor bloggers. I promise it will make home designing an exciting, un-intimidating process. My hope is that these pages spark your passions, guide you to create spaces you love and most importantly give you the confidence to try something new. Anyone, no matter age, status, income level or past can make a home for herself and those she loves. Because no one has to break the bank to bring new life, intention and purpose to a home. You can buy your copy anywhere books are sold or at crateandcottage.com/book.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Get notified when new episodes are out by clicking the subscribe button here.
If you listen and enjoy my episodes, I would love if you left me a review in iTunes as well. This helps more people find the podcast!
Photo by Sage Friedman on Unsplash