In today’s episode, I talk about eliminating toxic thoughts. With this being the last week before school starts, I’ve been busy preparing for the end of summer and the beginning of the school year, but I’ve had a lot of time to reflect on my own thoughts. Recently, I finished reading a book by Jenny Allen that talks about how our thoughts shape the lives we live. It can be easy to feel overwhelmed by our day-to-day life and oftentimes thoughts can be consuming to the point of controlling. However, I am here to remind you that letting our thoughts spiral out of control does more harm than good. It’s time to eliminate our toxic thoughts.
- With how life is going recently, we spend more time with our thoughts than ever. But how exactly do our thoughts shape the lives we live and what is the relationship with our health? (2:27)
- Rachel shares the 3 lies we believe about ourselves covered in the book“Get out of your head” by Jenny Allen, and how it’s impacted her own life (3:48)
- The danger of toxic thinking is the distorted version of reality it creates in our own minds (6:38)
- The power of repetition and interruption: How to combat toxic thoughts by redirecting them with something more positive (9:46)
- Rachel speaks about how her negative thoughts spiral and her habit of “burying” her concerns instead of confronting them (14:01)
- Changing your thoughts will change your behavior. What are some of your toxic thoughts and what categories do they fall into? How can you begin to change these patterns (17:26)
- What are some steps you can take and resources you can use to combat toxic thoughts? (20:40)
This episode is sponsored by She Made Herself a Home, my book that will help you discover how to create a home that is inviting, beautiful, functional and uniquely personal all while staying on budget. It is a home decor planner that features beautiful photography from more than 40 real homes and contributions from other successful home decor bloggers. I promise it will make home designing an exciting, un-intimidating process. My hope is that these pages spark your passions, guide you to create spaces you love and most importantly give you the confidence to try something new. Anyone, no matter age, status, income level or past can make a home for herself and those she loves. Because no one has to break the bank to bring new life, intention and purpose to a home. You can buy your copy anywhere books are sold or at crateandcottage.com/book.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Get notified when new episodes are out by clicking the subscribe button here.
If you listen and enjoy my episodes, I would love if you left me a review in iTunes as well. This helps more people find the podcast!
Photo by Rebe Pascual on Unsplash