In today’s episode, I talk about the home, what it actually means, and how it’s not always the picture-perfect fairytale you see on Instagram. Instead, I want to share with you the idea of creating an intentional home, a home that is centered inside your mind and heart. Why you should focus on creating a “home” that comes from your heart and not something you see on or is influenced by interactions on social media.
- Simple encouragement from the bible and a few other realizations this week (1:10)
- A message from Matthew 5 on mindfulness, being blessed, and being connected to God (3:01)
- How can we be blessed when we’ve lost someone we love? (4:20)
- Being content with who you are (5:30)
- Being blessed when we are in our lowest places and when we being to care (6:37)
- Dealing with unkind people on the internet and the daily stresses of life (9:11)
- The importance of being truthful and content in your mind and heart (12:40)
- Focus on controlling your reactions and responding to someone instead. Why you should let go. (13:38)
This episode is sponsored by She Made Herself a Home, my book that will help you discover how to create a home that is inviting, beautiful, functional and uniquely personal all while staying on budget. It is a home decor planner that features beautiful photography from more than 40 real homes and contributions from other successful home decor bloggers. I promise it will make home designing an exciting, un-intimidating process. My hope is that these pages spark your passions, guide you to create spaces you love and most importantly give you the confidence to try something new. Anyone, no matter age, status, income level or past can make a home for herself and those she loves. Because no one has to break the bank to bring new life, intention and purpose to a home. You can buy your copy anywhere books are sold or at crateandcottage.com/book.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Get notified when new episodes are out by clicking the subscribe button here.
If you listen and enjoy my episodes, I would love if you left me a review in iTunes as well. This helps more people find the podcast!