In today’s episode, I talk about the “I need to” statement, something that I always find myself saying over and over again. Today I share with you some of the “I need to’s” I’ve been dealing with and I am sure you guys at home may be going through the same. As a mother with three homeschooled children, and a business I am dealing with a lot. I hope that by speaking about my personal experiences with you, it brings you the same clarity it provides for me.
- As a mother and business owner, it seems there is a lot of “I need to’s”, primarily the centered around maintenance, the kids, and the home. (2:36)
- The desire to organize family photos from iCloud into properly printed albums, how to organize homeschooling this year, and how to make things easier as a mom. (3:51)
- Take the time to find a moment to declutter your mind and figure out what is stressing you out. (4:27)
- You know what stresses you out, identify them and speak to someone about it and sort out a solution. (5:34)
- Home and work life often weigh women down, it can be tough to balance organizing your home, caring for kids, and growing your business. (7:28)
- Break down what is breaking you down instead of allowing them to pile up. (8:41)
- Look at your support network and see who you can reach out to help you out. (11:54)
- It helps me to know my expectation for the day and what other people have expected of me. When you can figure out what the source of stress is then you can address it. (14:21)
- My generation struggles with trying to have it all, chasing dreams and passions and then also being a homemaker, and have this mounting “I need to” list. (15:57)
- I encourage you to try each each to think about your “I need to” and then finding a way to address it head-on. (17:13)
This episode is sponsored by She Made Herself a Home, my book that will help you discover how to create a home that is inviting, beautiful, functional and uniquely personal all while staying on budget. It is a home decor planner that features beautiful photography from more than 40 real homes and contributions from other successful home decor bloggers. I promise it will make home designing an exciting, un-intimidating process. My hope is that these pages spark your passions, guide you to create spaces you love and most importantly give you the confidence to try something new. Anyone, no matter age, status, income level or past can make a home for herself and those she loves. Because no one has to break the bank to bring new life, intention and purpose to a home. You can buy your copy anywhere books are sold or at crateandcottage.com/book.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Get notified when new episodes are out by clicking the subscribe button here.
If you listen and enjoy my episodes, I would love if you left me a review in iTunes as well. This helps more people find the podcast!
Photo by Glenn Carstens-Peters on Unsplash