In today’s episode Rachel shares scripture near and dear to her heart, the fruits of the spirit in Galatians 5. She has spent a lot of her life learning what it means to be a Christian and have the fruits of the spirit be the characteristics of a life that is submitted to God. Rachel encourages you to spend time this week digging deeper into these spirits and pray to be shown where they can be reflected more. Pray to be shown, examples are guaranteed to come to mind. Let us be better humans with these nine gifts.
- The nine fruits of the spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control. (1:55)
- Even though anyone can display the fruits of the spirit, Christians are to be known by these attributes being reflected in their way of life. (3:57)
- Rachel breaks down each word because it is easy to brush past the words and sometimes we need to reflect on definitions to allow the meaning to sink in. (8:03)
- Living with the fruits of the spirit is a choice, the Lord wants us to choose these spirits as representation of who He is in us. (15:48)
- There are a few fruits of the spirit Rachel believes the Lord is trying to teach her and show her and put confidence in Him. (18:14)
This episode is sponsored by She Made Herself a Home, my book that will help you discover how to create a home that is inviting, beautiful, functional and uniquely personal all while staying on budget. It is a home decor planner that features beautiful photography from more than 40 real homes and contributions from other successful home decor bloggers. I promise it will make home designing an exciting, un-intimidating process. My hope is that these pages spark your passions, guide you to create spaces you love and most importantly give you the confidence to try something new. Anyone, no matter age, status, income level or past can make a home for herself and those she loves. Because no one has to break the bank to bring new life, intention and purpose to a home. You can buy your copy anywhere books are sold or at crateandcottage.com/book.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Get notified when new episodes are out by clicking the subscribe button here.
If you listen and enjoy my episodes, I would love if you left me a review in iTunes as well. This helps more people find the podcast!
Photo by Caleb Gregory on Unsplash