In today’s episode we wrap up the “how to” series with how to navigate negativity. As someone who tends to live in a negative headspace, I know it expands and can become bigger so that we fall into the anxiety category. A lot of us are dealing with negativity in the social media space and trying to navigate those difficult situations. Today I share some ways I am countering the negativity from strangers in my life and I hope it encourages you with a few tips.
- I let you in on a secret; I tend to be a constant, pessimistic person, always on the negative side of things and have learned ways to battle against it. (2:05)
- The first tip to strangers being negative towards you is to remember that a negative voice comes from negatively hurt people. (6:00)
- Another tip in approaching negativity is to ask yourself questions that will help identify what the problem is, whether it’s with a product or situation or conversation. (10:54)
- A third tip is to decide if the negativity needs to be addressed or if it can be let go of and you can move on in a healthy way. (17:07)
- Take the time to take out the bricks you are carrying from your past and navigate how you can forgive yourself for them. (22:33)
This episode is sponsored by She Made Herself a Home, my book that will help you discover how to create a home that is inviting, beautiful, functional and uniquely personal all while staying on budget. It is a home decor planner that features beautiful photography from more than 40 real homes and contributions from other successful home decor bloggers. I promise it will make home designing an exciting, un-intimidating process. My hope is that these pages spark your passions, guide you to create spaces you love and most importantly give you the confidence to try something new. Anyone, no matter age, status, income level or past can make a home for herself and those she loves. Because no one has to break the bank to bring new life, intention and purpose to a home. You can buy your copy anywhere books are sold or at crateandcottage.com/book.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Get notified when new episodes are out by clicking the subscribe button here.
If you listen and enjoy my episodes, I would love if you left me a review in iTunes as well. This helps more people find the podcast!
Photo by Brett Jordan on Unsplash