I wrote a book! I have always wanted to be a writer, but my journey started on Instagram as I searched for a creative outlet as a new mom. As my platform grew, people took notice and I was asked to write a book. After two years, the book is now on the shelves at Target. In this episode I talk about the beginning of my Instagram journey, the impact it had on me and what I ultimately included in the book. I share my heart behind the format and why I included over 40 different homes and their unique style. I give you all the details on what you can expect as you turn the pages of She Made Herself a Home.
In this episode, I’ll discuss:
- Choosing my book topic and pivoting it to be more than just a book about farmhouse style [2:50]
- My humble beginnings on Instagram [4:45]
- How I created a story loop on Instagram to bring awareness to The More Than Me Organization [8:04]
- Using social media in a positive way [10:20]
- The reason why I featured everyday women in the book [13:13]
- Defining your why and intention behind what you want your home to represent room by room [15:16]
- The favorite room in my home to decorate and why [16:42]
- The three parts that make up the book – Gathering Spaces, Restful Places and the Leave No Traces [17:52]
- Finding my why of “heart and home” and what that means to me [19:30]
- Lord, if I’m going to start an Instagram account, I want you to be glorified in it. [21:50]
This episode is sponsored by She Made Herself a Home, my book that will help you discover how to create a home that is inviting, beautiful, functional and uniquely personal all while staying on budget. It is a home decor planner that features beautiful photography from more than 40 real homes and contributions from other successful home decor bloggers. I promise it will make home designing an exciting, un-intimidating process. My hope is that these pages spark your passions, guide you to create spaces you love and most importantly give you the confidence to try something new. Anyone, no matter age, status, income level or past can make a home for herself and those she loves. Because no one has to break the bank to bring new life, intention and purpose to a home. You can buy your copy anywhere books are sold or at crateandcottage.com/book.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Get notified when new episodes are out by clicking the subscribe button here.
If you listen and enjoy my episodes, I would love if you left me a review in iTunes as well. This helps more people find the podcast!