In today’s episode we dive into another topic in the “how to” series, this one is about how to discern hearing God’s voice or hearing God or knowing what God wants you to do. A lot of the talking points for today’s episode come from Priscilla Shirer, an American author, motivational speaker, actress, Christian evangelist. In today’s episode I share how my journey began with writing letters in journals to God from a very young age and has evolved over time. As Priscilla says, the more you know him, the more you hear him.
- One question listeners asked is how to discern hearing God’s voice or hearing God or knowing what God wants you to do. (1:30)
- My journey communicating with God began after a friend of the family’s tragedy and I began writing God letters. (4:32)
- If we want to hear God and be heard by him, then we have to be willing to get to know him and spend time with him because he wants us to share with him. (10:24)
- Position your heart to eagerly anticipate the Lord through practice and expectation of God to answer your questions and concerns, and have peace about it. (15:41)
- Different ways the Lord has spoken to me; in circumstances, through people I meet in the word, hearing a passage that I needed, and more. (20:15)
This episode is sponsored by She Made Herself a Home, my book that will help you discover how to create a home that is inviting, beautiful, functional and uniquely personal all while staying on budget. It is a home decor planner that features beautiful photography from more than 40 real homes and contributions from other successful home decor bloggers. I promise it will make home designing an exciting, un-intimidating process. My hope is that these pages spark your passions, guide you to create spaces you love and most importantly give you the confidence to try something new. Anyone, no matter age, status, income level or past can make a home for herself and those she loves. Because no one has to break the bank to bring new life, intention and purpose to a home. You can buy your copy anywhere books are sold or at crateandcottage.com/book.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Get notified when new episodes are out by clicking the subscribe button here.
If you listen and enjoy my episodes, I would love if you left me a review in iTunes as well. This helps more people find the podcast!
Photo by KEEM IBARRA on Unsplash