In today’s episode we explore the “how to” topic of finding your passion. As adults we can go back in time and try to remember what sparked our passion and what drove us differently than other things. It may require time to get to know yourself again and reconnect with what brings you joy, there are some questions provided to help with that process. When you try something you may find it’s actually not fun, the beauty of discovering your passion is narrowing down something to the core. God created us with these passions, enjoy yours and see where it takes you.
- The first step to discovering your passion is to think about some things that strike your fancy, get to know yourself again and identify what you love. (2:47)
- Spend time trying to answer these different questions to spark your interest and rediscover what brings you joy. (5:57)
- Think about if your passion is for income and what you could start doing on the side to build it up over the next months and years. (10:14)
- Do your research around the passion and understand what it is you’re getting yourself into, google and youtube are great resources to learn from others. (15:03)
- The hardest part is believing in the gifts we’ve been given and putting them into practice, you never know where that passion will take you if you don’t try. (17:41)
This episode is sponsored by She Made Herself a Home, my book that will help you discover how to create a home that is inviting, beautiful, functional and uniquely personal all while staying on budget. It is a home decor planner that features beautiful photography from more than 40 real homes and contributions from other successful home decor bloggers. I promise it will make home designing an exciting, un-intimidating process. My hope is that these pages spark your passions, guide you to create spaces you love and most importantly give you the confidence to try something new. Anyone, no matter age, status, income level or past can make a home for herself and those she loves. Because no one has to break the bank to bring new life, intention and purpose to a home. You can buy your copy anywhere books are sold or at crateandcottage.com/book.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Get notified when new episodes are out by clicking the subscribe button here.
If you listen and enjoy my episodes, I would love if you left me a review in iTunes as well. This helps more people find the podcast!
Photo by Denys Nevozhai on Unsplash