In today’s episode, I talk about how to overcome burnout. We are in the newborn phase again, after several years out of it, and life works differently. I’m sharing 8 different tips to help limit burnout and allow yourself to reconnect with the life you are living today. There is always a solution to any problem and today I share my insecurities and burnout to encourage you to make positive changes in your home.
- If I can accomplish something I feel good about myself but with a newborn life moves slower and lack of sleep impacts everything, which led me to burnout. (2:00)
- There are adjustments I’m making to juggle my business, growing family, and responsibilities that require me to change what I was doing before. (4:09)
- Whether it is with work, daily routine, or even kids, my number one tip for burnout is to walk away and get a change of scenery for a little while. (8:39)
- Tip number two for burnout is do something meaningful, get outside of yourself and do something for someone else that is not part of your family. (12:43)
- Another way to reduce burnout is to lower your expectations and reduce the amount of pressure you’re putting on yourself each day. (14:40)
- Change your pace or routine, sometimes we need to reroute things in order to not feel burnout. (15:50)
This episode is sponsored by She Made Herself a Home, my book that will help you discover how to create a home that is inviting, beautiful, functional and uniquely personal all while staying on budget. It is a home decor planner that features beautiful photography from more than 40 real homes and contributions from other successful home decor bloggers. I promise it will make home designing an exciting, un-intimidating process. My hope is that these pages spark your passions, guide you to create spaces you love and most importantly give you the confidence to try something new. Anyone, no matter age, status, income level or past can make a home for herself and those she loves. Because no one has to break the bank to bring new life, intention and purpose to a home. You can buy your copy anywhere books are sold or at crateandcottage.com/book.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Get notified when new episodes are out by clicking the subscribe button here.
If you listen and enjoy my episodes, I would love if you left me a review in iTunes as well. This helps more people find the podcast!
Image Source: Isabella and Louisa Fischer on Unsplash