In today’s episode, I explore the importance of self forgiveness and the gift we give ourselves when we accept and give forgiveness. I’m sharing an Oprah Magazine article that resonated with me and I take some time to walk you through the different steps of forgiveness, because I want you to break free from the shame and guilt keeping you stuck in the past.
- Many of us struggle to forgive ourselves from past mistakes, decisions, and situations which prevents us from moving forward with our lives. (1:20)
- An article on how to forgive ourselves really resonated with me and I walk you through the different steps. (2:11)
- Guilt is an emotion that teaches us something, it is the first step in the healing journey and serves a purpose. (3:01)
- There are several tools to assist in forgiveness, whether writing it out for someone or visualizing how forgiveness will feel. (5:08)
- Self compassion is another piece of forgiveness, talking to yourself as you would a friend because healing can not happen in a guilty shameful environment. (11:25)
Article referenced by Caitlin Abber: https://www.oprahmag.com/life/a26028888/how-to-forgive-yourself/
This episode is sponsored by She Made Herself a Home, my book that will help you discover how to create a home that is inviting, beautiful, functional and uniquely personal all while staying on budget. It is a home decor planner that features beautiful photography from more than 40 real homes and contributions from other successful home decor bloggers. I promise it will make home designing an exciting, un-intimidating process. My hope is that these pages spark your passions, guide you to create spaces you love and most importantly give you the confidence to try something new. Anyone, no matter age, status, income level or past can make a home for herself and those she loves. Because no one has to break the bank to bring new life, intention and purpose to a home. You can buy your copy anywhere books are sold or at crateandcottage.com/book.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Get notified when new episodes are out by clicking the subscribe button here.
If you listen and enjoy my episodes, I would love if you left me a review in iTunes as well. This helps more people find the podcast!
Image Source: Brett Jordan on Unsplash