In today’s episode, I am sharing five ways to cultivate a legacy in your home. No matter what life stage you are in it is possible to create a space of comfort and safety. Listen in and be encouraged to find ways to nurture the legacy within your four walls.
- Your legacy of home is up to you to create; you have the ability and the responsibility to pass on a wonderful legacy to those you love. (1:57)
- The home is a sacred space where memories are created, personalities are cultivated, privileges are earned and lessons are learned. (3:03)
- No matter what feelings our home evokes now, we can create a foundation on solid rock and cultivate a new legacy. (3:24)
- A home is built around love, forgiveness, anger, intimacy, joy, sorrow, and so many more feelings, which is an intangible piece of creating the legacy. (5:41)
- One way we cultivate our legacy of faith is having scripture around the home so the words are imprinted on our hearts. (6:24)
- There are simple ways to create comfort through smells, textiles, and spaces in the home. (11:08)
- We created a legacy rhythm of conversation with our children that allows us to give forgiveness, to seek out trust, and to share hopes. (13:20)
This episode is sponsored by She Made Herself a Home, my book that will help you discover how to create a home that is inviting, beautiful, functional and uniquely personal all while staying on budget. It is a home decor planner that features beautiful photography from more than 40 real homes and contributions from other successful home decor bloggers. I promise it will make home designing an exciting, un-intimidating process. My hope is that these pages spark your passions, guide you to create spaces you love and most importantly give you the confidence to try something new. Anyone, no matter age, status, income level or past can make a home for herself and those she loves. Because no one has to break the bank to bring new life, intention and purpose to a home. You can buy your copy anywhere books are sold or at crateandcottage.com/book.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Get notified when new episodes are out by clicking the subscribe button here.
If you listen and enjoy my episodes, I would love if you left me a review in iTunes as well. This helps more people find the podcast!