In today’s episode, I am sharing a topic that has been on my heart and importance of female friendships in our lives. As we get older, it can be harder to have those close friendships and be there for them when they need us in the midst of our busy lives. I hope this episode encourages you to reach out, encourage your friends and check on those who may be hurting.
- Listening to Jen Hatmaker share a story of elephants inspired today’s conversation about the vision of female friendship. (1:05)
- Female elephants close ranks when a mama elephant gives birth so she and the baby are protected from predators during a vulnerable time. (1:47)
- Sometimes we feel vulnerable and want to share it with others so they can pick us up. (1:47)
- It can be difficult to step out of our circle and reach out to others in a time of vulnerability but also when we see friends in difficult seasons. (1:47)
- I want to be the friend that sees those that are vulnerable and hurting and be brave enough to stand up and say, I’ve got your back. (6:46)
- The story of elephants wraps up with the young elephants copying their mamas, which is a lesson that our children are watching how we show up in friendships. (8:47)
- Don’t hesitate to nurture your friendships: encourage your friends, love on your friends, seek out new friendships and be a better friend yourself. (12:36)
This episode is sponsored by She Made Herself a Home, my book that will help you discover how to create a home that is inviting, beautiful, functional and uniquely personal all while staying on budget. It is a home decor planner that features beautiful photography from more than 40 real homes and contributions from other successful home decor bloggers. I promise it will make home designing an exciting, un-intimidating process. My hope is that these pages spark your passions, guide you to create spaces you love and most importantly give you the confidence to try something new. Anyone, no matter age, status, income level or past can make a home for herself and those she loves. Because no one has to break the bank to bring new life, intention and purpose to a home. You can buy your copy anywhere books are sold or at crateandcottage.com/book.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Get notified when new episodes are out by clicking the subscribe button here.
If you listen and enjoy my episodes, I would love if you left me a review in iTunes as well. This helps more people find the podcast!
Photo by David Yarrow Photography