In this episode, I am giving you a peek into my journey of following my heart and getting to where I am today as a published author and now podcaster. Decor has been an integral part of my journey, and it brings me so much joy, but it’s never been my number one dream. We all have dreams in our hearts, but it is through discovering who we are and taking chances that we are presented with opportunities to pursue them. I hope that my story inspires you to find what defines you and maybe even discover something new about yourself.
In this episode, I’ll discuss:
- Being approached for a TV show, sizzle reels and network pitches [2:58]
- Grieving the what ifs and the voicemail that changed my life [6:40]
- The day one door closed and another opened and the moment my life changed as an author [8:00]
- Decor doesn’t define me. It’s a part of me and it’s a beautiful thing that allows me to create a warm environment full of love. [10:19]
- The effects the Coronavirus had on my book launch, my secret book genre passion, and a small glimpse into the writing process [10:47]
- My view on the home and that no matter how you grew up, you have the choice to change the kind of home that those who enter experience and legacy you leave to your children [14:02]
- My “why” for this podcast and book and why what you do now matters [15:02]
- What defines me & finding what defines you and how you can leave a legacy [16:04]
- It is never too late to discover something new about yourself and to live out your dreams [20:00]
This episode is sponsored by She Made Herself a Home, my book that will help you discover how to create a home that is inviting, beautiful, functional and uniquely personal all while staying on budget. It is a home decor planner that features beautiful photography from more than 40 real homes and contributions from other successful home decor bloggers. I promise it will make home designing an exciting, un-intimidating process. My hope is that these pages spark your passions, guide you to create spaces you love and most importantly give you the confidence to try something new. Anyone, no matter age, status, income level or past can make a home for herself and those she loves. Because no one has to break the bank to bring new life, intention and purpose to a home. You can buy your copy anywhere books are sold or at crateandcottage.com/book.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Get notified when new episodes are out by clicking the subscribe button here.
If you listen and enjoy my episodes, I would love if you left me a review in iTunes as well. This helps more people find the podcast!