In today’s episode, I want to share a little bit about our adoption journey in hopes you will feel encouraged. I break down some of the logistics and explain where we started and where we are today.
- My desire to adopt from a young age, the different ways to adopt and our initial choice to adopt internationally (1:48)
- The logistics of international adoption and how they differ depending on the country. (4:38)
- The process leading up to the home study and what to expect when you have one done (7:26)
- Making the decision to adopt domestically instead of internationally and the factors that played into that (10:55)
- What an adoption consulting firm is and how they work with us through the domestic adoption process (12:09)
- Challenges and considerations if you want to pursue foster care adoption (17:57)
- The second part of the adoption process, the different types of adoption and preparing yourself for possible heartache (19:43)
This episode is sponsored by She Made Herself a Home, my book that will help you discover how to create a home that is inviting, beautiful, functional and uniquely personal all while staying on budget. It is a home decor planner that features beautiful photography from more than 40 real homes and contributions from other successful home decor bloggers. I promise it will make home designing an exciting, un-intimidating process. My hope is that these pages spark your passions, guide you to create spaces you love and most importantly give you the confidence to try something new. Anyone, no matter age, status, income level or past can make a home for herself and those she loves. Because no one has to break the bank to bring new life, intention and purpose to a home. You can buy your copy anywhere books are sold or at crateandcottage.com/book.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Get notified when new episodes are out by clicking the subscribe button here.
If you listen and enjoy my episodes, I would love if you left me a review in iTunes as well. This helps more people find the podcast!