Today is the first part in a two part series on how to grow on social media. In this episode, I am sharing how I got started on Instagram, and what I think are some of the most important components to know when starting and growing a social media account.
- Why I started Crate and Cottage and the importance of finding the “why” behind your desire to start sharing on social media [3:09]
- Knowing what your niche is and finding the right balance of what you share on your account [5:05]
- Moving past the fear and creating your page and my tips for choosing a name [7:53]
- Figuring out what to post and why I think your feed is your portfolio and should be a representation of your brand [10:16]
- Finding like-minded people and focusing on building community over gaining followers [17:01]
- Using hashtags to grow your following, find other people in your niche and my favorite app for finding relevant hashtags [20:05]
- Why consistency is so important to growing on social media and growth tactics I have used and recommend [23:18]
- Not focusing on the numbers and getting trapped in the comparison game [30:00]
This episode is sponsored by She Made Herself a Home, my book that will help you discover how to create a home that is inviting, beautiful, functional and uniquely personal all while staying on budget. It is a home decor planner that features beautiful photography from more than 40 real homes and contributions from other successful home decor bloggers. I promise it will make home designing an exciting, un-intimidating process. My hope is that these pages spark your passions, guide you to create spaces you love and most importantly give you the confidence to try something new. Anyone, no matter age, status, income level or past can make a home for herself and those she loves. Because no one has to break the bank to bring new life, intention and purpose to a home. You can buy your copy anywhere books are sold or at crateandcottage.com/book.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Get notified when new episodes are out by clicking the subscribe button here.
If you listen and enjoy my episodes, I would love if you left me a review in iTunes as well. This helps more people find the podcast!