Welcome to the first episode of She Made Herself a Home podcast. This episode is a little bit of an intro to how I got here, why I am doing a podcast and what you can expect from me. Hearing someones voice lets you into their heart, and I want my listeners to take away what I have learned and apply it to yourself to discover more of who you were created to be. Here you will find intentional home tips, real talks/truths on relationships, marriage, parenting and more. So pop in those airpods and multitask mama or pull up a seat dear friend and enjoy a few moments to yourself as we navigate life’s ups and downs together. Let’s discover how to create a heart and home of intention.
- Becoming a mom and how my mom and the home I grew up in influenced my love for decor and decorating on a budget [2:03]
- Building our first home and figuring out my own style for decorating [5:38]
- Having my first baby, navigating depression and anxiety, and changing our home’s design and style into something I loved [8:12]
- My start on Instagram sharing my passion for home decor and DIY and the origin of the name Crate and Cottage [9:40]
- Topics for future podcasts that I want to share with you, including bringing on my husband Richard who brings a different perspective to my story [14:14]
This episode is brought to you by Antique Farmhouse where I find unique decor items that are budget friendly and affordable. They feature unique farmhouse style decor, vintage reproductions and home decor design sales up to 80% off retail. They offer multiple sales events all focused around industrial decor, farmhouse decor, shabby chic, industrial vintage and vintage reproductions. If you are looking for something unique that your friends don’t have or something that looks antique without paying a price tag that breaks the bank, this will be your new favorite site to shop. Head on over to antiquefarmhouse.com and sign up for their mailing list to get daily updates to your inbox.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Get notified when new episodes are out by clicking the subscribe button here.
If you listen and enjoy my episodes, I would love if you left me a review in iTunes as well. This helps more people find the podcast!