In this episode, I’m going to dive into the subject of self care and share the three steps that I use to help me define and prioritize self care in my daily routines. It’s my hope that this episode will help you make self care a priority in your life and give you actionable tips on how to incorporate time for things that give you energy and fill you up.
- What self care is and my experienced with it growing up [1:55]
- My first realization with self care to navigate anxiety after giving birth [5:30]
- First Step in Self Care: Discovery [8:00]
- Ask yourself what is it that I need? What is my passion and desire that makes me feel happy, alive, and adding something to the world? [8:31]
- There’s always something to discover about ourselves. We are born with innate passions and talents. They get lost in life, having babies, marital issues, depression, etc. [10:35]
- Ask yourself what makes me happy, what gives me peace, what gifts can I supply others with the pleasure of knowing. [11:20]
- Second Step in Self Care: Setting Up Goals [14:35]
- Take time out of your schedule to find the time to accomplish those goals. What does it look like for you? [16:30]
- Focus on what you are currently doing, how many hours it takes and determine the time you can take to do self care actions. [17:03]
- Set goals for yourself and what you want to accomplish, evaluate them and write them down! [19:18]
- Third Step in Self Care: Implementing (the hardest step!) [20:02]
- Create routines & stick to them – Consistency pays off!! [20:26]
- Choose things to implement that are reasonable and fit your lifestyle. [23:15]
- Prioritize by what can be done the fastest. Accomplish what’s easiest first and then focus on your bigger projects. [26:26]
Practicing self care will make us better people. Take time to discover who you are, remember you are worth it, you were created with a purpose and you have a gift to share!
This episode is sponsored by She Made Herself a Home, my book that will help you discover how to create a home that is inviting, beautiful, functional and uniquely personal all while staying on budget. It is a home decor planner that features beautiful photography from more than 40 real homes and contributions from other successful home decor bloggers. I promise it will make home designing an exciting, un-intimidating process. My hope is that these pages spark your passions, guide you to create spaces you love and most importantly give you the confidence to try something new. Anyone, no matter age, status, income level or past can make a home for herself and those she loves. Because no one has to break the bank to bring new life, intention and purpose to a home. You can buy your copy anywhere books are sold or at crateandcottage.com/book.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Get notified when new episodes are out by clicking the subscribe button here.
If you listen and enjoy my episodes, I would love if you left me a review in iTunes as well. This helps more people find the podcast!