On today’s episode, we’re going to dive into the home. Twice a month, you can expect Inside Your Home episodes where I’ll discuss decorating, organizing and the intention behind what helps me within the home. These will also include stories with my family, organizational tips, etc. Today we are going to discuss the first section of my book titled Gathering Spaces.
- What is a gathering space [1:50]
- The importance of intention & why it’s necessary to decorate your space. Tune into your passion and God given gifts [3:19]
- The importance of creating a gathering space for yourself [5:08]
- The top gatherings spaces in my home: entryway, living room, kitchen, and dining room [5:50]
- Considering how you want your home to be used [7:00]
- How you want your home to be remembered and the legacy it will leave on those who come into your home [8:15]
- Decorating your home that aligns with the intention of your home and how to figure out your own decorating style [10:24]
- My method for how to have cohesiveness in all areas of your home when you have an eclectic style [12:18]
- My tips for styling and refreshing your gathering spaces. How to evaluate your space for the things you can keep, what you can repurpose, and what you can get rid of [16:26]
- Shopping your house to enhance your space before going out and buying something new [21:10]
This episode is sponsored by She Made Herself a Home, my book that will help you discover how to create a home that is inviting, beautiful, functional and uniquely personal all while staying on budget. It is a home decor planner that features beautiful photography from more than 40 real homes and contributions from other successful home decor bloggers. I promise it will make home designing an exciting, un-intimidating process. My hope is that these pages spark your passions, guide you to create spaces you love and most importantly give you the confidence to try something new. Anyone, no matter age, status, income level or past can make a home for herself and those she loves. Because no one has to break the bank to bring new life, intention and purpose to a home. You can buy your copy anywhere books are sold or at crateandcottage.com/book.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Get notified when new episodes are out by clicking the subscribe button here.
If you listen and enjoy my episodes, I would love if you left me a review in iTunes as well. This helps more people find the podcast!