- Sometimes all you need is a sympathetic ear when dealing with anxiety (2:00)
- Rachel shares her anxiety story, and how it all started with this feeling of not wanting to be alone. She talks about the physical implications of anxiety in her own body and how it feels to be anxious when you’re responsible for your own children (4:40)
- Rachel explains why it’s not selfish of you to want to take care of yourself to be better for other people, she shares tip #1 when it comes to dealing with anxiety – write it down! (8:33)
- Tip #2, do not delay and try and hide it. Seek counseling or professional help immediately to understand where your anxieties come from. Rachel explains her experience with counseling and her marriage (11:16)
- Tip #3, get involved in stress relievers. Don’t know what they are? Take the time to figure out what helps you relieve yourself of stress. It’ll be a process of elimination but try everything you can to see what works and doesn’t work. Rachel explains the experience she went through trying to figure out the root cause of her anxieties her and the medical tests she tried
- Why you can’t just pray your anxiety “away.” Medicine has a purpose and can provide value to help you deal with anxiety. It is tricky but it takes time to figure out what works. Rachel shares her experience with medication and anxiety (20:15)
- Rachel recaps the tips you should try to deal with your anxiety that has worked for her (24:27)
This episode is sponsored by She Made Herself a Home, my book that will help you discover how to create a home that is inviting, beautiful, functional and uniquely personal all while staying on budget. It is a home decor planner that features beautiful photography from more than 40 real homes and contributions from other successful home decor bloggers. I promise it will make home designing an exciting, un-intimidating process. My hope is that these pages spark your passions, guide you to create spaces you love and most importantly give you the confidence to try something new. Anyone, no matter age, status, income level or past can make a home for herself and those she loves. Because no one has to break the bank to bring new life, intention and purpose to a home. You can buy your copy anywhere books are sold or at crateandcottage.com/book.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Get notified when new episodes are out by clicking the subscribe button here.
If you listen and enjoy my episodes, I would love if you left me a review in iTunes as well. This helps more people find the podcast!