In today’s episode Rachel asks the question, what is something that you want to embrace but you’re a little bit scared? Rachel shares questions to ask yourself to help work through the fear and do the hardest part, start. There are all kinds of things you can physically do to put one foot in front of the other to achieve the goal, so today Rachel encourages you to begin. If we don’t take the leap, we’ll regret it and if we fail, we can still be proud of ourselves for trying.
- Rachel shares from a vulnerable place as she puts off the one thing that she needs to be focusing on but is scared to do and that is her next book proposal. (1:30)
- Even when told no and doors close, remember to keep conquering your dreams no matter what because other opportunities will come when looking for them. (4:37)
- When you’re dealing with something you’re scared of it feels like there is a physical wall that you can’t get through to do it. (6:28)
- The hardest part of doing something that scares you is to start by investing time in it, whether it’s putting pen to paper or researching an idea. (9:32)
- Make sure to embrace what you’re scared of, do the tangible things that you need to do to investigate and then decide if it’s something you want to do further. (13:28)
- Surround yourself with people that encourage you and are walking the great paths of life because you are who you surround yourself with. (17:37)
This episode is sponsored by She Made Herself a Home, my book that will help you discover how to create a home that is inviting, beautiful, functional and uniquely personal all while staying on budget. It is a home decor planner that features beautiful photography from more than 40 real homes and contributions from other successful home decor bloggers. I promise it will make home designing an exciting, un-intimidating process. My hope is that these pages spark your passions, guide you to create spaces you love and most importantly give you the confidence to try something new. Anyone, no matter age, status, income level or past can make a home for herself and those she loves. Because no one has to break the bank to bring new life, intention and purpose to a home. You can buy your copy anywhere books are sold or at crateandcottage.com/book.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Get notified when new episodes are out by clicking the subscribe button here.
If you listen and enjoy my episodes, I would love if you left me a review in iTunes as well. This helps more people find the podcast!
Photo by Erik Dungan on Unsplash