Welcome to the second episode in the two part series on anxiety. Last week, I told my story with anxiety, how it shows up for me, and how I have navigated it. Today, I‘m bringing on my husband Richard who had a different view of anxiety until he experienced it himself. He is telling his story and how anxiety has impacted him and our marriage.
- Richard’s viewpoint on anxiety and his experiences with it growing up [3:20]
- The anxiety attack that came out of the blue for Richard and changed everything [6:25]
- Richard talks about his struggle with depression, trying to treat the anxiety with natural methods, and the moment the fog lifted for him [10:01]
- His biggest takeaway after experiencing anxiety himself and how we support each other in our marriage [18:58]
- How his viewpoint on anxiety has changed and his renewed perspective on life in general [21:32]
I hope our stories can help you or perhaps your spouse if you’re going through something similar. If you haven’t experienced anxiety, I hope these episodes give you a deeper compassion and understanding for those who do.
This episode is sponsored by She Made Herself a Home, my book that will help you discover how to create a home that is inviting, beautiful, functional and uniquely personal all while staying on budget. It is a home decor planner that features beautiful photography from more than 40 real homes and contributions from other successful home decor bloggers. I promise it will make home designing an exciting, un-intimidating process. My hope is that these pages spark your passions, guide you to create spaces you love and most importantly give you the confidence to try something new. Anyone, no matter age, status, income level or past can make a home for herself and those she loves. Because no one has to break the bank to bring new life, intention and purpose to a home. You can buy your copy anywhere books are sold or at crateandcottage.com/book.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Get notified when new episodes are out by clicking the subscribe button here.
If you listen and enjoy my episodes, I would love if you left me a review in iTunes as well. This helps more people find the podcast!