This episode is the first in a series of two podcast episodes talking all about anxiety. Today, I’ll be sharing my story with the hopes to encourage you if it is something you are going through or help you understand more about anxiety in general.
- What anxiety is, how it feels, the six most common types of anxiety disorders, and how to tell if you are experiencing normal anxiety or something that lingers on [2:45]
- I discuss how anxiety presented in my family and how it can be a result of both your genetics and environment [6:33]
- How anxiety originated for me and what it looked like as a child and growing up into adulthood [9:54]
- My anxiety heightened and became more severe through pregnancy and having children on top of all the hormonal changes [15:30]
- The moment I reached out for help and how it felt when the cloud of anxiety lifted [17:45]
- It’s okay to get help. I talk about my fear of no longer being “Rachel” but realizing I am now more “me” than before I started medication [22:46]
- How anxiety continues to pop up for me during stressful times and how I navigate it so that it doesn’t control my life [24:30]
Stay tuned for next week’s episode where we will dive into Richard’s story about anxiety and how it presented for him.
Layla Palmer @letteredcottage
This episode is sponsored by She Made Herself a Home, my book that will help you discover how to create a home that is inviting, beautiful, functional and uniquely personal all while staying on budget. It is a home decor planner that features beautiful photography from more than 40 real homes and contributions from other successful home decor bloggers. I promise it will make home designing an exciting, un-intimidating process. My hope is that these pages spark your passions, guide you to create spaces you love and most importantly give you the confidence to try something new. Anyone, no matter age, status, income level or past can make a home for herself and those she loves. Because no one has to break the bank to bring new life, intention and purpose to a home. You can buy your copy anywhere books are sold or at crateandcottage.com/book.
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Get notified when new episodes are out by clicking the subscribe button here.
If you listen and enjoy my episodes, I would love if you left me a review in iTunes as well. This helps more people find the podcast!